Time to make a new Terraria map again and frolic in the snow. The holidays are here and Terraria has updated again to spread some cheer.
Additions to the game
● Added Candy Cane Blocks & Walls.
● Added Green Candy Cane Blocks & Walls.
● Added Snow Blocks.
● Added Snow Bricks & Walls.
● Added Red, Green, and Blue Lights.
● Added Presents that are dropped by monsters during the holiday season.
● Added Snow Globe.
● Added Santa’s Outfit.
● Added Snowman Gangsta.
● Added Mister Stabby.
● Added Snow Balla.
● Added Santa Claus.
● Snow biomes will always be created during world gen during the holiday season. There is a 1 in 3 chance for snow biomes to be created during world gen during the rest of the year.
● Reduced the amount of RAM needed to run Terraria.
● Added an option to turn backgrounds off.
● Improved the automatic game quality adjuster.
● Lighting update won’t skip as much on lower quality levels.
● Items dropped on death for hardcore and mediumcore characters will retain their conditions.
● Space Gun now has a value.
● Water Bolt can now have conditions.
● Diving Helmet now works correctly.
● Walls now correctly show behind Glass Blocks.
● You can now untie bound NPC’s with Autopause enabled.
● Mediumcore and hardcore players will drop their cursor item on death.
● Coins held on the cursor will correctly be dropped on death.
● Dryad’s Corruption and Hallow status numbers are correct.
● Wyverns are less common and will be less likely to spawn near the ground.
● Mana Flower’s price has been increased.
● Fixed the shadow glitch of trippy lighting.
● Music Boxes no longer dupe when placed on platforms.
● Fixed an issue that caused stacked coins to go missing from chests during multiplayer.
● Cursed Torch item now emits light in water.
● Harpoon can now be reforged.
● Lighting will now be set to Retro instead of crashing if Terraria is unable to switch to the new lighting mode.
● Keybindings will no longer sometimes be set to “None” automatically.
● Bombs thrown by clowns will now show that the wall has been destroyed in multiplayer.
● Crystal Shards now give off light in retro and white color mode.
● Hallowed Armor only has graphical effects with the helmet.
● Players now have hair under their hats.
● Statues no longer turn into Armor Statues when they are smashed from the top.
● Clowns only throw bombs when their target is alive.
Presents: Dropped during the holiday season by enemies. Can contain red and green candy cane blocks or snow globes.
Candy Cane (or Green Candy Cane) Blocks: Found in presents. Can make walls for your home.
Snow block: Found in snow biome or dropped by Frost Legion.
Red, Blue, and Green Lights: Bought from Santa Claus.
Snow Globe: Can be found in presents after defeating the wall of flesh. Used to summon Frost Legion.
Santa Costume: All parts can be bought from Santa.
Candy Cane (or Green Candy Cane) Walls: Made with the candy cane blocks at a workbench.
Snow Brick: 2 snow blocks
Snow Brick Wall: 1 snow brick
Santa Claus: If there is an empty room available after beating the frost legion he will move in. He sells Christmas lights and a Santa costume.
Snow Balla, Snowman Gangsta, and Mister Stabby: Are all part of the frost legion and are summoned by the snowglobe.