PlanetSide 2 has some new guns. In this article we want to bring you a video on the ForgeLight engine and discuss the update.
The PlanetSide 2 05 Update
The update itself is rather small in comparison to some. Here it is in a quick list for you:
- In perhaps the most anticipated change ever your Station Cash items will be available for all characters that are eligible
- This same change is retroactive to past purchases
- A new three day resource and experience boost is in the shop
- New helmets for the Infiltrator and Light Assault Classes
- Fixed cert indicators to count up with an animation
- Better visibility for “you’ve received cert” notes
- General server performance has improved for PlanetSide 2
- Grenades no longer get stuck on the screen
- Weapon attachment equip screens have been improved
- Added a tooltip for the VR button
- Fixed flash turbo sounds
Some attachments are still unable to be equipped unfortunately. Sony knows about this error and they are working on it.
The VS Launcher
As a dedicated VS player I am a bit bothered that our new launcher is not as good as the others. It needs a buff to match either the remote capacity or sheer spread of the other factions. Hopefully this will be remedied in a future patch. Otherwise we just have to sit here and wish we had a better one.
The ForgeLight Engine
We do not really care how the ForgeLight engine works. It is interesting but we are just glad they did not go with the Hero Engine. We think something would have seriously been lost if that had been the case. This video is however an interesting topic for developers of all levels. You may be interested in how the engine works as well.
Where to get PlanetSide 2